Clevedon Baptist Church was formed in May 1922. People became ‘members’ and met on the present site, in a hall which was built in 1905 and used for a men’s Bible class. Over the years the building saw many changes to make room for the growing numbers. In 2005 a brave decision was made by today’s members to redevelop the whole site. The present building facing onto Queen’s Square was opened on 5 November 2006.
We celebrated the 90th anniversary of our church’s foundation in 2012. Ninety years of serving the community from our site in Station Road, providing Christian fellowship and services of praise and worship, special meetings for men, women, young people and children. The building has been adapted and extended along the way to suit its purposes as times changed. Today we feel greatly privileged to be opening our doors onto the busy Queen’s Square with premises that are inviting and useful, coffee bar at ground level with auditorium above it.
The following pictures help tell the story of CBC. Click on any to reveal a full size photo, and press ESC to return.