Watch this space for leadership development events, as well as downloadable resources for teamwork and leadership. Click the blue links to download the documents.
Read to Lead
A termly book club for leaders. Our next meeting is on the 10th July 2017. For more details click here.
“If you’re a serious minded leader, you will read. You will read all you can. You will read when you feel like it, and you will read when you don’t. You will do whatever you have to do to increase your leadership input, because you know as well as I do that it will make you better.” – Bill Hybels
Growing Leaders Course
- 3 Saturday away days and 7 Monday evenings (7.30-9.30pm) over the course of the year (Sep 2016 – July 2017).
- We also set participants up with a mentor and ask them to meet with them between sessions (i.e. once a month-ish).
- There are 4 pieces of work / projects which we encourage participants to work on over the year outside of the sessions which are gradually introduced as the course progresses:
- a leadership styles questionnaire
- a spiritual health check
- a life calling statement
- a develop a leader brainstorm
Here’s a template for structuring a proactive response to negative events beyond your control. This is based on some material from Henry Cloud – see the video here.
Here’s a template for structuring your reflection on how to develop a potential / growing leader in your team.
An outline for an ‘MOT’ session for ministries which you could use on an annual/bi-annual basis. It includes suggestions for how your ministry team can look back over and celebrate the past year, assess where you currently are ‘at’ under God, and listen to Him together for your next step.
Materials such as flip charts and post-it notes can be available from the office. Hand-outs can also be found here.